PONDERSOME PREACHING 1
There are preachings that move us to the core during which we can’t even take notes. And there are those that give new knowledge and insight that one can’t help but take notes. Some preachings make us cry and laugh at the same time. Some give us peace (You mean make you sleep Ninang? “No!”). A number we forget. A few linger — the PONDERSOME Preachings! And thus, I ponder….
THE STORY OF US
Fall of Man
Read Genesis 3: 1-7
1. The tempter begins by making us doubt the word of God. And the purpose is to drive us away from God.
“…He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” (Genesis 3:1)
2. The tempter ends by denying God’s word.
” But the serpent said to the woman, ‘You will not surely die.” (Genesis 3:4)
3. The tempter lures us to believing we are not valuable as we are. That we need to do something or be someone else to become acceptable– sadly to the point of disobeying God.
“For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:5)
4. It is the same then and now. The enemy continues to lurk in our minds. He plants seeds of doubt, confusion, and pride. He tells us we can be more when we disobey the boundaries that God has set to actually protect us.
5. The enemy draws us away from the will of God. Opportunities are only as good their purpose. And the purpose should be to draw us closer to God’s will and heart.
6. When we succumb to the ploys of the enemy we tend to “hide” from or walk away from God.
“And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.” (Genesis 3:8)
7. God calls us to not hide our sins or blame others for them. God calls us to repent and Trust In His Unconditional Love and Amazing Grace. Let us always believe God accepts All of us– all our flaws and weaknesses… Enough to empower us to turn away from sin, and to Always run to Him when we fail.
” And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.” (Genesis 3:21)
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)… AGAIN.
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.” (Ephesians 6:10-11)
“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” (Ephesians 6:13-17)
– Ninang Notes and Thoughts while listening to the preaching of the word