A QUARTER PONDER!
It’s been a quarter since I wrote something in this Blog. K-kinda busy 😬. And maybe I stopped believing my writing matters. I realized it does. It does to ME😘(and hopefully one or two more😘). That’s what matters. Anyway, below is a quarter worth of thoughts I shared with Friends once in a while. Dear future self (and interested others 😋), (please) READ! Or better yet, do ponder…😊
1. The essence of life is not in its meaning but in its creator. Don’t find meaning. Seek the Creator. ✨
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:10-11)
“You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)
2. Anything is possible if we have Faith to Move instead of fear to fail.
“For nothing will be impossible with God.” (Luke 1:37)
3. Peace is thinking of the…
future and not be anxious
present and not be in want
past without having regrets✨
Peace is living with…
Hope and commitment to action
Contentment in the service of others
Trust and Joy even in affliction ✨
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” (John 14:27)
4. Kindness is a giving a little bit of time, a little bit of treasure, a little bit of talent, with a heart that hopes to give more.
5. Love is finding wrong and mending it.
“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:17)
“…forgive your brother from your heart.” (Matthew 18:35)
6. Our worst fear is but a great chance to have Great Faith.
“He said to them, ‘Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” (Mark 4:40)
7. Our presence matters. The absence of another shouldn’t.
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
8. Some people treat God like a really good book they are happy to have but never take time to read and enjoy.
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
9. Putting the blame on others leads to anger and rage. Love takes on the responsibility.
“There is no limit to loves’s foreabearance, to its trust, its hope, its power to endure. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:7)
10. Prayer will change you.
“I love the Lord, because he has heard
my voice and my pleas for mercy.
Because he inclined his ear to me,
therefore I will call on him as long as I live.”
11. The problem with cleaning up and fixing things is finding more things to clean up and fix. Pause. Breathe. Look away. Enjoy.
“But the Lord answered her, ‘Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:41-42)
12. God’s LOVE is Greater…
than the pride of the world
than the lure of the world
than the love of the world…
GOD’s LOVE For US Is Greater. ✨❤️✨
“In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” (1 John 4:10-11)
13. Good works and gifts are not measured in numbers but by letters- L O V E. ✨❤️✨
“…For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)
14. Hope is knowing where to go. Who leads you?
“Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I…” (Psalms 61:1-2)
15. Claiming the promises of God means enduring, persisting, and persevering in the Godly works laid out before us.
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:10)
16. What is Hope if not to look forward to having the seeming impossible? And what is Faith if not to live with Hope?
“I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” (Psalms 27:13-14)
17. CHRISTmas celebrations are a reminder that we are not alone. And we can choose not to be alone. That we can connect and reconnect to people to share our lives with, and reach for a dream or achieve a greater purpose. CHRISTmas reminds us that we are not meant to be alone. God ushers people to be with us. God, Himself, Is With Us. ✨
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel’
(which means, God with us).” (Matthew 1:23)
18. What is a FRIEND?
Someone who is kind of different and kind of the same, and who you love and love you anyway and always.
FRIENDship is a test of trust and time. 🙂
“A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.” (Proverbs 17:17)
19. Faith happens when we stop wanting and start trusting. ✨
“And he said to them, ‘Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?’ Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.” (Matthew 8:26)
20. We just need ONE to LOVE us.
“but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
– Ninang Quarter Ponder 🙂