I PONDER… 🤔
1. Greed is not a state of the pocket, but a state of the heart. (Well, obviously… but wait..🤔)
“Greed is relative. Greed is not defined by what something costs; it is measured by what it costs you. If anything costs you your faith or your family, the price is too high.”
(In Max Lucado’s When God Whispers your Name)
“To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.” (Deuteronomy 10:14)
2. Grace can only manifest and thrive in humility. (Pride immediately offsets it. I think…🤔)
“I’ve never been surprised by God’s judgment, but I’m still stunned by his grace…
And if we never agree, can’t we agree to disagree? If God can tolerate my mistakes, can’t I tolerate the mistakes of others? If God can overlook my errors, can’t I overlook the errors of others? If God allows me with my foibles and failures to call him Father , shouldn’t I extend the same grace to others?
One thing’s for sure. When we get to heaven, we’ll be surprised at some of the folks we see. And some of them will be surprised when they see us.” – Max Lucado in “When God Whispers your Name ”
3. True Confidence does not stem from success but surrender. (So true Ninang!)
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
“…for the Lord will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being caught.” (Proverbs 3:26)
4. Emptiness is a choice to be filled by anything other than the Love of God. ✨
“But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.” (Psalms 86:15)
“In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” (1 John 4:10)
5. Some say doing good is selfish because people are just doing it to feel good about themselves. People should feel good about themselves. And that’s not selfish. Do good.
(Regardless of the status of your heart, do the right thing. Doing the wrong thing won’t make your heart right, but MAYBE doing the right thing will. 🙂)
“And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.” – Jesus, our Lord and Savior, in Luke 6:31
6. Our Best is not just our work but our Faith.
Doing our Best is not just working with our hands but believing in our hearts. ✨
“Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1 John 5:5)
7. Passion supercedes skills and abilities. Joy in work is a more reliable and satisfying driving force to accomplishing any work. Regardless of the outcome of, or how people receive our work, passion brings peace in accomplishment. May our good Lord give you the passion in accordance with His will and purposes. Then, our passion achieves perfection. Then, our passion is never in vain.
“Unless the LORD builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.” (Psalms 127:1)
8. Don’t be unsettled by the bad. Focus on the next good thing.
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” (Philippians 4:8)
9. Expectations should make for peace. ✌️
“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you.” (Psalms 39:7) 🙏🏻
“This God—his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD proves true;
he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” (Psalms 18:30)
10. Our Trust in God shouldn’t be anchored on what he can do for us but what, out of Love, He has already done for us. (Tetelestai!)
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
“And he said to them, ‘Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?’ Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.” (Matthew 8:26)