1. The more we can and the more we “think” we know, the more we demand of others. What of that we can’t, and what of that we do not truly know, but others can and others really know?
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.” (Luke 6:37)
2. That what we do counts for something is not nearly as important as trusting we count for someone.
“..but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
3. The heart of a Christian must be so tough to resist both boasting and condemnation. For God can see the inside. And People can only see the outside. May your grace be upon us our loving God!
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
4. If every moment counts to fulfill our needs, why do we choose to lose moments worrying about them?
“And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?” (Matthew 6:27)
5. Immunity is spelled T R U S T.
“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.” (Psalms 13:5)
6. Words can never supplant presence. God himself exemplified that. ❤️
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14)
7. It’s not to point out that “others are in error” as much as that “we can also be in error” that should define our attitude towards (and guide our hearts about) Christian doctrine.
“There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?” (James 4:12)
8. Life was not meant for achievements but for authentic relationships, first with Our God then with our fellowmen. Bonuses come though.
“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” (Matthew 6:33)
9. If it is God’s will, it is God’s way. 🙂
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:9)
10. No amount of eloquent sound instruction can stir the heart more than forgiveness and compassion.
“And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.” (1 Corinthians 13:2)
11. “Loving your enemies” will never make sense apart from the sacrifice of God to save a fallen world. God is the standard of love. We can never love enough. God will never get tired loving us. May we choose to love God above all. May we choose to love others as ourselves.
“You have heard that it was said, You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..” (Matthew 5:43-44)
12. Don’t lose the moment for the world.
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:34)
13. It’s good to have connection with the Highest Up.
“I will say to the LORD, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” (Psalms 91:2)
“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” – The Lord Our God in Psalms 91:14-15
14. A test for our words: is it for building-up?
“So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.” (Romans 14:19)
“..so build me up (build me up) Buttercup, don’t break my heart..”
15. The spirit is willing but the flesh can only be in one place at a time.
16. I love, therefore He is.
“Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.” (1 John 4:8)
17. Sometimes, it helps to be reminded of the the lighter side of us to counterbalance the heavy realities of life.
“Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.” (Psalms 51:10-12)
18. The power of God is the bane of man until he submits to it.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
19. Differences won’t matter if we see each other as equals. 🙂
“So Peter opened his mouth and said: ‘Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.” (Acts 10:34-35)
20. The quality of our Life is measured by the breadth of Love we both give and humbly receive.
“So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:13)
“I Ponder..🤔” (Ponderful Ninang!)